Change is a hallmark of today’s business world. In particular, our workforce is constantly changing – people come and go, and move into new roles within the company. Succession planning can help you make the most of that change by ensuring that when someone leaves, there is someone new to take their place.
Succession Planning is a critical requirement for organizational success and survival. The focus is to have the right person at the right time for the right job with the right capability. Most of the times we realize the value of succession planning, only when we don’t have the right replacement in place and this exposes the organization to risks and failures.
Business Leaders and Human Resources Professionals have to keep Succession Planning as their critical skill as it is required for their own and the organization’s effectiveness. In an environment of constant change, the resource which is not easily replaceable is the People Resource and it is even harder to find a High Potential or Senior Leader quickly. So the organization and the leader should leverage a range of tools, models and approaches to ensure effective succession planning.
The Certified Succession Planning Professional program is focused on helping the participants to become Experts in Succession Planning and develop critical skills which will make them valuable to their organization, help to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and become a key player in their organization.
Certification Program Objectives
The certification program will certify the participants to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the value of succession planning for business success.
• Explore the differences between succession planning and replacement hiring, including some of the advantages of succession planning.
• Learn the Succession Planning Process and the steps to deploy a world-class succession plan.
• Learn to identify Critical roles and people in the organization to support the succession plan.
• Identify internal and external successors and perform a risk assessment.
• Demonstrate expertise with the key elements of a succession plan.
• Develop a Succession Planning Strategy and Implementation Plan
• Create and discuss aspects of a succession plan.
• Define Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions, start creating risk assessments, individualized engagement plans, and succession plan profiles.
• Learn to implement a HiPotential Development Plan, Workforce Planning, align performance management systems and build the capability development channels to support succession planning.
• Learn the six key ingredients to forecast what people you will need when.
• Discuss the elements of a succession plan in terms of roles, responsibility, function, scope, and evaluation.
• Facilitate a Succession Planning session to develop the succession plan for an organization
• Learn to use highly impactful tools to develop a succession plan.
• Learn to leverage technology to put the succession plan to action.
• Learn the importance of evaluation and learn how to develop measurable outcomes to evaluate the impact of the succession plan.
Contact us for a detailed brochure.